CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009






I graduated from Peace Corps!! I got the certificate, and thank God that I´m almost done!!! I only have one month left, and I´m a free woman! :) Okay, so it hasn´t been so bad, but living with my host family has burned all of the nerves I had left, and I´m running out of patience. Plus, I´m really excited about starting a new journey here in the city of El Salvador. I´ve been making plans for living arrangements, work ideas, getting residency together, a license, etc. There´s much to do, but it´s all exciting. Hopefully the Production Company that Ramfis and I are going to be running will be successful. It makes me nervous, but at the same time it´s fun. The thing that scares me the most is that El Salvador´s economy stinks, and I don´t know how we can make well enough to live the same as if I were in the U.S. Granted, it´s a different country with different problems. I just pray that God blesses our work, and also uses me here to continue serving. Also, I hope to find a church where I can serve and grow. I like the Catacumenal (sp?) Catholic Church where I go sometimes when I´m in the Capitol, but I´m not Catholic.  We´ll see....trusting God to provide the light on the path. I had my COS conference where we talked about the transition back to the States. It was a great time...on the beach, and great information. However, everything was about moving back to the States, and I´m staying here. So, it made me kind of want that experience of going back home. Life is strange, isn´t it? It throws big curves when you least expect it.

p.s. the first picture is the computer pick-up. Finally, after months and months, we have 2 computers in the school!!! It´s so exciting, and everyone´s pumped about learning. I´m teaching basic computing classes to the teachers and the 7th - 9th grades. Plus, we have a new roof....no more wet children and materials!! I feel good about being able to leave those things with the students. I´m going to try and get more compus and printers, but it will be a while before they receive them. But, hey, 2´s better than none! Yeah!

I´d still really like to open up a hostel/café here or there or anywhere. I just wish I knew more about starting up a business. I´m looking into house prices here and location for a possible hostel. Then, little by little it can become a restaurant/café. We´ll see. But, I´ve always wanted that, and if it´s here....cool. If I move to Guatemala, I´ll do it there. If I go back home, I´ll do it there. I may be 50 years old, but God willing I´ll have it someday.

Also, there are so many ways to volunteer and serve here in El Salvador. I´m praying that God shows me where he wants to use me, and how. I think I could be a great liason between the U.S. and here for sponsorship and mission funding. So much on my mind, and absolutely no idea where to start!!!

Babies are such lovely blessings, aren´t they?!? Sheena told me today that she´s having a baby boy! I´m so excited to be an aunt....hopefully I´ll get to be present in his life. She said he´s really healthy and was super active in the tummy. Thank God for that.

Well, everyone says we´re in crisis. But, here it´s not so different. We´re always in crisis. I just hope that because we use the dollar that here they won't up the prices on everything again. I don´t know how the average person survives in the towns and cities. The cost of living is 7 times more than the pay scale. It´s serious here. I wish people would notice and start to make waves about the condition of life in El Salvador. I know all over the world, there is crisis and people suffering. But, I think the U.S. has more of a responsibility with ES because this country is basically sold to the U.S.....the banks, the government, the money, the businesses, etc. I know it´s ES´s leaders´fault for the situation, but we could help them out since we like to use them so much for our benefit.  They went to war for us....the only Latin American country to do that. They need a change.  I, living here, need to see a change.

0 comments: