CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My apologies for there being such a loooooonnnngg pause between the blogs. A lot has been going on, so....that's my excuse. :} Ramfis and I just got back from 11 days in Guatemala. It was really fun, and despite it being an incredibly dangerous country, thank God we were safe and enjoyed good company the entire time. We visited Antigua, climbed Volcan Pacuaya, went to Semuc Champey, Rio Dulce, Livingston, Playa Blanca, and Esquipulus. It was packed, but at the same time very relaxing, and I enjoyed getting away from the drama and stress of everyday Salvadoran life.

Well, congratulations to me....I finished Peace Corps!! I finished in March, and went to Tennessee to visit for 2 weeks, and now I'm back in El Salvador again. It's wierd; being a former volunteer. I've had experiences and lessons and trials that no one at home can understand, no matter how much I try to explain. Then, I feel wierd around the present volunteers and PC staff because I'm not "one of them" anymore, technically. Then, I'm living in the capitol as a normal Salvadoran, but I'm clearly not. It's like I'm half foreigner, half native.....in both countries. The plan was to work and see how all of that goes, but I can't really do my job yet because of some asuntos. However, I have been helping out with Ramfis' business, and organizing, planning, etc. I'm just waiting for all to be ready for me to visit busineses and sell. We'll see. But, I'm also open to other options right now. Honestly, I need some money. I can't complain, though...God has been very generous to me, and if the life of a volunteer paid for life, how great that would be, no?!? So, anyway, now I'm just rambling. I am excited, though, about what's to come. I'll be an aunt soon, will get to see all of my old friends and classmates at the 10 yr reunion, I'll dance this summer :), etc etc. I'll be travelling through the States this summer, seeing friends and family that is long overdue!! Then, we'll see what God has in store. Obviously, I have my plans, but since things are apt to change in life, it's better not to tell the whole world just yet. I'll keep you posted.

But, before I close, I'd like to say thank you to all who have supported me in this journey. Thanks for prayers, cards, comments, calls, packages, etc. God has truly blessed my time in El Salvador, as well as made me a stronger person from failures and lifes' struggles. I don't think I really understood pain before coming here, and maybe I still don't. But, life isn't all peaches and cream. It's hard. Most people in the world suffer....and not just because someone's sick, or the occasional boy/girl drama. I'm talking extreme daily suffering. Thank God I haven't known that life, but to have seen a glimpse of it, I can appreciate it and hopefully not take my life, nor luxuries, nor necesities - for granted. Or even better; live a full life, without necesity of luxury. Solo Dios me puede ayudar.

0 comments: