CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 16, 2007

Hey! Well, this week´s been fabulously rainy! I seriously love it because I´m wearing a jacket right now, and plus it´s a nice change of pace because we haven´t had electricity or water for 4 days after a big storm that passed through. After 6:30 p.m. I have to stay in my house, and we just chat or sing or listen to the rain, or just go to bed. I like the relaxation...and the cold!! :) Also, get to hike to the water source to bathe and wash clothes. That´s always a fun experience.

Chatted with the mayor this week, and hopefully we´ll be getting uniforms and letrines very soon! Gracias a Dios! Also, I´ll be giving a dance workshop in a different state this weekend. I´m super pumped about this opportunity to dance and teach again. Hopefully my dance terms in Spanish will correlate and they´ll understand. But, I´m looking forward to a weekend of excitement! Also, I´ll be training 5 youth in my canton who can already dance well (cumbia and reggaton). I´ll be training them in different dances with the purpose that they can eventually teach. Hopefully, it will be a good job opp. for them in the near future. I´m very positive about this project, and know that the skill of dance, and the skill of teaching are very useful and can be a great financial source for these kids. Atleast I hope so!!! :)

Well, I´m missing all of my friends and family a ton, but also daily encouraged by the relationships I have here. I´m very blessed. Lots of love from ES!

2 comments:

volfan007 said...

Ginger,
It is so interesting to hear about and see the work you are doing over there. We are praying for you and the relationships you are building. We know God is using you each day as you are planting seedsin the lives of these people. It looks like such a beautiful country.You look great! Your vibrant and beautiful spirit shows in the photographs.Take care. Love Sherrie Worley

The Bowen's said...

Ginger! You're hair is getting so long! I love it! Anywho, I am SOOO glad we got to talk last night! I miss hearing your sweet voice! Anywho, I'm also super siked about our new wedding planning business. I have a task for you, do work on coming up with some design ideas for us for the website but also, we still don't have a name. That's a huge thing. We want something short, easy to remember and cool. We have 3 names right now to thing on:"Blush", "Fruition", or "Simply Chic". We would like it to be towards the top of the alphabet but that's ok if its not. Also, we need to come up with a mission, or our goal as a company. About us section as well. We know what we want it to say but we need to put it in a concise format. 2-3 sentences. So, there's a lot going on here! Wish you were here with us to do it! You can def still help though! I love you so much and hope you have fun dancing! I know you will! Love you!