CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 26, 2007

I just got back from a fantastic weekend of leisure and dance...who could ask for more?? But, I have a ¨recuerdo¨from the weekend...a stomach full of amoebas and a bacterial infection. Yummm...I´m sure you all wanted to know that!! :) But, thankfully, I had come to the capitol on my way home to see a friend, and it was easy to see a doctor and get meds. So, I´m on the way to recovery. I´m ready to be back in Usulutan after 6 days gone!! That´s so much time!!
But, there´s much to do, and hopefully I´ll be able to jump right back in full swing.

While I was in the mountains teaching dance, I had to phone signal. It´s times like those when you realize the people that truly care about you. I was so touched because when I finally got signal after 3 days, I had missed 30 something calls and had a ton of messages from poeple in my community. They were all worried...okay, so that made me feel bad that they were worried, but also good that they cared!! I´m trully blessed by my ¨family¨salvadorena.

Since I´ve been gone, I can´t think of more details going on right now, so I´ll save it for later when I´m in the middle of some projects or something. But, so you know, I saw all of the lights of San Salvador last night from a high plane, and it was amazing, the view. It was hard to imagine the danger that exists down below. Although I´ve never been in danger, thank God, I know it exists and I know of many stories. Please continue to pray, not for me necesarily, but for the evil at work to be scattered...for the people who live in poverty...for the kids raped...for the safety of Salvadorans. I truly love these people and this place, even though it´s easy to despise many things. Everyday I´m confronted with new faces, new beauties, new lessons, new adventures. Although challenging, it´s worth it.

5 comments:

katie said...

Hey Ginger!

I ran into your dad at WalMart in Martin yesterday and found out that you were in El Salvador. He directed me to your blog, so I had to check it out :) I think that you are doing an awesome work--keep it up!

God bless you!
Katie Atnip

Unknown said...

Hey Ginger!
Love the site. Keep up the great work and continue to focus on the positive. We're doing well here. Everyone misses you of course.
Kila, Alan, and Ginny

volfan007 said...

Ginger,
It is always so interesting to hear about your work and what's going on in your life. Your dad did a great job in vbs as well as your mom! Have you
seen his new haircut?!! I suggested a 0,but he didn't agree...lol Proverbs 3:5-6 is probably my life verses since i was in college. I pray they can encourage you today. Keep smiling! Love Ms. Sherrie

Bethany said...

Hey, Ginger,

I set up a blog so I could communicate with you. I am glad you got your package. Hope you smell good for a while! :) Wish I could have talked to you when you called, but I was in West VA and there was NO phone service! Keep letting us in on your world! We love checking your blog for changes and photos!

Love You
Bethany Porter

volfan007 said...

ginger,

learn from the people, but also hold to what you know is true and good and acceptable of the Lord. the Lord is the same God in el salvador as He is in the usa.

david worley