CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 29, 2009

What the crapt is our country doing to itself?!?! Am I seriously still in the land of the free??? Today Congress passed the Cap and Trade Bill, and I'm furious to say the least. Why in the H should I have to have a federal agent enter my home to make sure it meets standards before I can sell it? Why do my housing standards need to be the same as California's? TN doesn't have wild fires. I, Ginger, am not an idiot (although some may disagree). I, Ginger, have been raised and educated by my family and much schooling to know how to make a wise decision. If I, Ginger, decide unwisely, it is my decision; my fault; my consequences that I must face. If I, Ginger, were to make, and continue to make poor choices, I have many friends and family, and the local police force, to hold me accountable. We also have State governments, which are increasingly losing power.
Note to Federal Government: Stay out of my frickin' life!!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it was just the House that passed the bill. It was supposed to have more trouble getting through the Senate, though now that Al Franken has finally been declared winner of the Senate race in Minnesota, this bill might pass more easily there.

There's a lot of propaganda surrounding this bill so I have a hard time determining what it really says. And it's so huge that I haven't found time to read it firsthand.

I do think that more environmental regulation is necessary and I think that the basic idea behind "cap and trade" (which was invented by Republicans, if I recall correctly) is sounder than trying to force every polluter to adhere to the same standard and still have that standard be meaningful. But of course, the devil is in the details.

Anyway, I can at least hope that the Senate takes sufficient time to work out the details of its version, and that the version of the bill passed by the Senate is more reasonable.