CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 25, 2009

So, I'm back in El Salvador, this time for reasons other than humanitarian services. :) Oh, the grand welcome that I received!! I've never felt so surprised and undeservingly doted upon. Ramfis and his "crew" arrived all dressed up, saying that they were coming from producing all day. They had the film cameras, the production lights, etc. there at the airport. I think that the people there thought that I must have been someone famous. So, anyway, we start going, and Ramfis tells me that he has to go by EduClase to give some tapes that they're waiting for to show to a client. So, they were driving super fast, had someone calling the phone every 10 minutes, and me thinking that the client was mad because they left him waiting to pick me up from the airport. But, what happened is that Ramfis had rented a house right next to the EduClase building. So, we pull up, and all of a sudden I see lots of people I know....Ramfis' friends, family, my friends, etc. Then, I'm like, hey....this isn't EduClase. This is a house. "Ramfis, where are we?" And he stays quiet, just smiling. I get out of the van, and this guy's singing "Welcome back Ginger, welcome back Ginger, Welcome to your house...., Welcome back Ginger." The first time, i didn't hear it. But, the second time, I was like...what did he just say? Really?!? So, Ramfis says yeh, this is going to be your house, and I start jumping up and screaming. Hugs, smiles, tears, kisses all around to everyone that had made me feel so special. We enter the house, and there are balloons, a big welcome back banner, etc. In the backyard, there were tables and chairs, and a big barbeque with tenderloin, chicken, ribs, etc. Also, he had set up his production lights to highlight a band that sang in English. It was so cool.

So, since I've gotten back, I've been helping to fix up the place, mainly for the office of MOSH. We'll be operating the business out of the downstairs, and living upstairs. Everything's going really well, thank God. Today we had our first business meeting, defining everything. It's exciting, but I'm tired. I haven't even had time to really enjoy being with Ramfis because it's been go go go go since I got here. Hopefully next weekend we can have a romantic dinner or something like that. But, all is well. I just miss everyone, but God is blessing us here.

0 comments: