CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Many of you have asked me how I´m living and who I live with and all of that. I thought I already said, but so you know, I live with a little old lady who´s very spunky, Ester, and her grandaughter Ana, who´s 14. I love them both very much. I have my own room with a bed and hammock and closet thingy. Our living room has a couch and 2 hammocks, and a TV...go figure. We don´t have a kitchen, but the house directly next to us does, and I´m constantly in and out of both houses. My house is bloque, but the other is adobe. We share everything, since we´re all family anyway. I usually just eat red beans and tortilla, and some Salvadoran cheese or I fry an egg or something. But, right now it´s winter season, so we get some veggies and also lots of corn!! I love it! There are corn tamales, corn tortas, corn on the cob, corn soup, etc. We eat rice sometimes too. Pan Dulce´s the best ever!!! And, yes, I´m still an addict to coffee. Pupusas when I go to the pueblo are a must...they´re a savory Salvadoran delicacy (not really, theý´re everywhere) that everyone must try at some point in their lives. I crave them sometimes; they´re like my new hamburger!!

So, life´s been really really good, and lots of surprises have come my way. Work´s been sensational, meaning that I feel like I have lots of it to do, and that it´s coming together well. Personally, I´ve met someone that´s great, and am thoroughly enjoying his company when I´m able. But, he lives in the capitol, and well, I don´t. But, it´s very new and very ¨chivo¨. This weekend, we went salsa dancing and to dinner, and it was crazy, because we had my camera out on the dance floor, and from goofing around a bit much (just my style, right?), we lost the camera, and someone must have stolen it. So, in the course of 2 days, I lost my phone and my camera. Therefore, more pics on my site will be delayed for a while, but eventually I´ll get a new one and keep filling you in on the ever-increasingly adventurous life of a Peace Corps Volunteer!

2 comments:

Tyler Verdell said...

Hey Ginger!!!!
I just read your "Poop Chapter"! That was so funny- and pretty disgusting too :) It was the first time i've been able to get on the blog because i had the wrong address: gingerranae@blogspot.com instead of gingerranae.blogspot.com
well now i have it and i can know better about what you're up to these days. Oh- and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! The whole family says hi and we love you, and we MISS YOU! i can't wait til you come back! well i need to go. i love you

the williams said...

ginger, i miss you! i'm so glad you're having a GREAT time!!! i love you!