CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I'm at such a strange place right now because I'm doing very well...projects and work are going well, relationships are going well, I'm learning more and more Spanish, I'm learning more and more of my God, etc. But, for some reason, I'm extremely homesick. I always get this way in the Fall. The last years in CA were the same, because I would have this longing to be with my family, have cookouts, go on hayrides, go fishing, go to football games (even though I'm not a fan), carve pumpkins, see the beautiful leaves change, eat lots and lots of food. I don't know., it seems like the fam got together much more in this season. Plus, there's nothing like a Tennessee Autumn. So, I'm attributing this ache to all of that. Plus, I talked to Sheena Monday for a long time, and we laughed and did our usual, and I just miss her and miss sharing stupid SNL sketches with someone or quotes from a movie, or lines from a song. No one gets that here. I've tried explaining it in Spanish, but it just doesn't work. Plus, I'm convinced that our point of humor is distinctly different. I also had a craving the other day to just go to a grocery store and buy some Moose Tracks ice cream and watch a movie....well, that's not a possibility. Plus, sometimes I listen to my i-pod at night before I sleep, but lately it's just been making me sad because most of my music is jazz or blues or rock-a-billy or swingy stuff, so it just makes me want to dance, or remember Lindy Groove, or etc. It almost brings tears to my eyes because I miss dancing so much. So, I'm making a mental list of what I want to do in December. 1. Watch a ton of movies. 2. Eat a hot dog and chips/dip. 3. Eat Moose Tracks ice cream. 4.Go swing dancing. 5. Go Salsa dancing. 6. Go to Pancake house with G-Daddy. 7. Go to Memphis and see some blues. 8. Go to a GOOD coffee shop. 9. Ride the 4-wheeler. 10. Bake and bake and bake Christmas goodies. 11. Play in snow. 12. Eat lots of homemade biscuits (molasses, honey, jam, sausage, whatever else to accompany). 13. Drink lots of sweet tea. 14. Get my back popped. 15. Buy a camera. :) 16. Play the piano. 17. Spend endless hours with my family and friends, laughing, talking, playing, shopping, etc. Love you guys and missing you!

0 comments: