CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Isn't it amazing how God works? Yesterday I had a full day of one-on-one Spanish classes. My teacher, Angelica, at one point said she heard I tell good stories and wanted me to tell one to show her my conversation skills. I was like, well, what kind of story do you want to hear? So, she wrote Religion and Politics on the board. I said, ooooh, my 2 favorite topics! So, she said, bueno, tell me a story about the religion in your canton. I was like, oh girl, where do I start?!? Well, one story led to another, and eventually, I was giving my full testimony and the saving power of Jesus Christ and how God changed me, and how I went from being religious like the people in my canton, and seeing slavery to religion and tradition in my own country, to being free in Christ and realizing it's not a list of laws and rules, but a life change that gives me new desires to serve and love and a Guide for wise decision making. Well, she said she's Catholic and told me her similiar experience. We were getting so excited to be sharing in the Faith...we were like little school girls. Well, she shared her time of speaking in tongues and how she's never been the same, and then I shared the Peru experience about the girl who was demon-posessed, and then we both talked about God's power and how it's a shame so many "Christians" deny that part of God and say it isn't Biblical. We both were like, hello! We've read it in Acts and in Corinthians!!! :) Anyway, it was a blessing to have that time with her...not only to share, but also to vent to a fellow Salvadoran who understood my frustrations. Good God Times.

1 comments:

the williams said...

ginger! so much has happened in the past three days! first of all, i'm so sorry you're so homesick! i miss you a lot. ben said he left you a comment on myspace and it made me want you to know him better. second of all, i can't wait for you to come in december. i know that everyone is going to want to see you, but i hope that we can get together and that you can meet dillon. i hope he'll be here when you're here ;). i love you!