CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 10, 2007

So, the land buying process is finally happening! I´ll be travelling a lot, though. Today I went to Usulutan to try and retrieve the extratada, but I have to go back Friday. Then, tomorrow I go to another city for Spanish exam and classes, and then Wed. to another city for a meeting with the United Nations Agriculture program. Then, it´s a possibility that I´ll be going ot GA (country not state) on Sat. and Sun. with some friends for a 2 day short vacation to see a concert! Crazy, huh??

On Friday, I had my first "arguement" with my host sister. She´s 14, and she was being snappy. So, I told her that she was in a bad mood and was being haughty. You would have thought that I´d told her she was the worst person in the world! She wouldn´t talk to me the whole day, and everytime I looked at her, she´d roll her eyes. Then, I saw her crying to my host cousin Ester, and she came and asked me why I called Ana "brava". I said, well, because that´s how she was acting. Anyway, I went and apologized and hugged her, but she still didn´t talk to me until like 8:30 p.m. when I asked for her help to move the couch. She said no, because she´s still mad at me. I said, still?? Then, she laughed and helped me, and that was that. Teenagers are so strange sometimes, and what´s funny is that I feel like one in my house because there´s just the grandma, the aunt, and the teens and I. I´m telling this story, though, because even though it made me crazy the day of, and it actually really bothered me that she was angry, I realized that I have true family. I mean, that´s what sisters do, right Sheena? We´re so comfy to say what we want, that sometimes we hurt feelings, but we get over it and are right back to comfy again. So, basically, I´m settled in. I like it. I just hope the girls´mood swings don´t get worse!! Yikes!

Also, on Friday I gave a "charla" on Cervix Cancer to about 50 women from the community. It was a great turnout, and I think mainly because of the refreshments! We had popcorn, cookies, and ice tea. I ended feeling satisfied because I could see the looks of shock and concern on their faces after the info. was presented. Then, several asked where they could schedule gynocological visits. That was super exciting! Little by little, I think progress, education, and change are definitely attainable!

0 comments: