CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 30, 2007

This week is gonna be crazy, and I love it!!! So, today I have a meeting with Intervida to discuss the possibility of them funding our clinic. Then, tomorrow I´m going craft shopping with Ramfis in a town that´s known for handmade artisan work. Then, Mon. Don Ezequiel and I are going to Morazan to bring the letrine pieces to the canton, where we´ll start that project. Then, Tues. the same man and I are going to request a letter from the health clinic in the pueblo saying that we need a clinic in Potrero de Joco, so that we can go the the Ministry of Health and get a contract saying they´ll give us medicines and a nurse if we build the clinic. Then, on Wed. I´m giving that women´s health day again, where we focus on Diabetes this time. Then, Fri. an all English day (it´s gonna be fun with lots of activities and food and everything), and then Sun. and Mon., I´m going to some island to translate for a medical campaign coming through. Then, the 13th we have this huge community party, and the 14th I´m on a plane to TN!!!! I´m glad that things are so busy, and can´t belive I only lack 2 weeks ´til I see my family and some friends!!

This last weekend I went to this remote town called Ojeo. Basically, it´s in the middle of nowhere, and we had to bathe and wash clothes and dishes in the river. I thanked God that I don´t have to live that way. Of course, I enjoyed the adventure for a couple of days, but for a way of living...no spankyou. But, my little sister Ana was beautiful in her big pink dress, and she got tons of gifts. These people live it up for the 15th b-day! Tons of food, cake, cokes, decorations, unnecessary expenses, but it was fun. It was a church service because since they´re evangelicals, they can´t have a dance. But, they invited this cool worship-praise group to play and sing. They did a lot of salsa and cumbia style songs, and I was bee-boppin´in my chair in the church. My family made fun of me, but I was like, whatever, it´s good music!!

0 comments: