CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 23, 2006

Church Happy!!

Hallelujah...Praise the Lord I found a church I like here in K-ville!!! Seriously, that's a huge deal because I needed something to change my mind on Southern churches. It's actually very similar to Mosaic, and the pastor said he got a lot of the ideas for the church from Pastor Erwin and Mosaic. Needless to say, that thrills my soul. Can I just say that I love to wear jeans to church? Can I also say that I love a pastor that really challenges Christians? I mean, as followers, we need to be taught/reminded/encouraged/challenged to actually follow and what that means. I mean, yes, salvation is core, and I realize that's a huge ministry of the church is to tell others about Jesus Christ. However, I personally think (and that's a scary thing....my thoughts :} ) that one of the reasons why the church has failed to impact is because the same message is always taught...salvation...but what about after? Discipleship is so important! Our church is full of contented people (I realize I'm generalizing...bear with me) because they think they don't need to do much of anything because they're going to heaven....but are they?!? ;{ So, instead of preaching to the choir, persay, about salvation, preaching to the believers who are wondering just exactly how to pursue a relationship with this Savior and make Him Lord. Well, anyway, as you can see, this is a soap box of mine, but basically, I'm just excited about Faith Promise. So, now I'm actually looking forward to church next week!!! :) Sweet!

2 comments:

the williams said...

yea!!!!! i can't wait to hear more about it!

Mr. Joe/Mr. Joseph said...

Hi Ginger:
This is a first! I've neve blogged before! I liked what you had to say about Faith Promise. Ive been three times now. It's a little out of my comfort zone. But mmaybe that is where God wants me. After-all, thats where I made your acquaintance, which is precious to us. Pray for us. June & Joe N.